These are delicious on a salad, as an appetizer, or as a main dish with rice and veggies!
Crispy Sesame Honey Shrimp
- 1 pound peeled deveined shrimp preferably 16-20 count — see notes below for chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup cooking oil like avocado or vegetable oil
- spicy honey for drizzling
- Dry off the 1 pound peeled deveined shrimp really well. Season with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Whisk an egg with 2 tsp water in one bowl. In another bowl, combine the 1/2 cup panko, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- Warm the oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Throw a little panko in there after a few minutes — when it sizzles immediately, it's ready.
- Fry the 1 pound peeled deveined shrimp for 3 minutes, or until golden-brown, on each side.
- Transfer to a plate. Drizzle with spicy honey.
- To make sesame chicken: cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cook the exact same way!