A Strawberry Lemon Tequila Situation
- 1 cup blanco tequila
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, destemmed (you don’t have to cut them up, but really pack them in there!)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Agave syrup or sugar to taste, if needed
- Tequila —> any tequila or mezcal works, vodka would also be delightful
- Strawberries —> peaches, nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mango, or any combo of these
- Lemon Juice —> lime juice or orange juice but don’t add the triple sec because it’ll be too sweet!
- Triple Sec —> sub in cointreau, or if you don’t have either, just omit it completely and add either 1/4 cup orange juice or a couple tablespoons of agave or sugar
- Mint —> omit!
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed for 20 to 30 seconds, until no strawberry specks remain. Taste. If your strawberries weren’t at their peak it may need to be sweetened. Add a touch of agave syrup or sugar if so.
- Pour over a glass full of ice and serve with thinly sliced strawberries and mint as garnish.