I’m 24 weeks pregnant, and I can’t stop making cocktails. I said making, not drinking. Everybody calm down. But I am definitely stealing tiny sips. Just for quality control! It’s a part of the job.
I’m absolutely obsessed with using small jars as “personal cocktail shakers” right now. Throw all of the ingredients in with a little ice, shake shake shake, then top off the jar with more ice, and finish it all with a splash of your bubbliest bubbly water. Maybe even throw some garnishes on there if you’re feeling verra fancy.
These greyhounds are a riff on the classic vodka + grapefruit greyhound, but so, so much more. St. Germaine adds that delightful, floral essence, and a splash of lime and a big sprig of mint freshens the whole thing up and makes sure it isn’t too sweet. This cocktail is equally delicious with vodka or tequila, pick your poison.
Top it all with bubbly water to make it perfect, refreshing, bubbly summer cocktail.
The Elder Greyhound Cocktail
- ½ cup ice
- ¼ cup blanco tequila or vodka
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp St. Germaine elderflower liquer
- 1 large mint spring
- Very bubbly soda water
- Optional: very thinly sliced grapefruit wheels
- Place ice, tequila or vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and St. Germaine in a 16-ounce jar. Crush the mint sprig with your hands to release the mint oils, then add the the jar. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds to combine.
- Top the jar off with ice, then top off with soda water. If desired, slide a couple grapefruit wheels down the side of your glass to make things fahn-cy.