I have been hoarding Christmas presents for months now, and I’m so pumped to share these ideas with you!
Some brands have sponsored inclusion in this guide, and I also may earn an affiliate commission on some of the purchases you make (at no cost to you).
FANCY-ISH GIFTS TO MAKE ANYONE A BETTER COOK
- KitchenAid Mixer: I don’t bake often, but when I do, I need my KitchenAid mixer.
- Cuisinart Food Processor: This is the classic food processor model and it is perfect. Don’t try to get anything fancier or a newer model — you want this one!
- Vitamix Blender: Yes, it’s obscenely expensive. Yes, it’s worth it. I’ve used mine multiple times a day since I got it as a wedding present in 2012 and she’s still going strong.
- Le Creuset 3 ½ Quart Braiser: I love this pot. You see me using it on Instagram all the time. You can use it as a cast iron skillet, but it has high sides so it’s also perfect for one-pot meals.
- Smithey Ironworks Cast Iron Skillet: These cast iron skillets are made in the USA and are so, so beautiful. They’re deep enough to make a one-pot meal in, and they look beautiful sitting out on your stovetop.
- A Beautiful Set of Steak Knives: George and I have a beautiful pair of horn steak knives that were his grandfathers. It’s so fun to have a conversation piece to pull out for dinner parties.
- Boos Block: A gigantic wooden cutting board that is beautiful and functional. Mine sits out on my counter top at all times.
- Heath Ceramics Platter: I love this simple ceramic platter and have gifted it many, many times.
- My Favorite Grill: If someone gave me a grill for Christmas I’d never forget it. I’m imagining this being wrapped up outside with a massive bow, a la a cheesy car commercial.
KITCHEN AND FOOD GIFTS UNDER $100
- Kosterina Olive Oil: THE MOST DELICIOUS OLIVE OIL, in the most beautiful bottle. Use CAROLINE15 for 15% off.
- Levain Cookies: The greatest cookies of all time, from a New York City bakery, are now available NATIONWIDE! The packaging is so incredibly charming making this SUCH A FUN gift to receive! Use this link or code CAROCHAMBERS for free shipping nationwide!
- Red Clay Hot Sauce and Hot Honey: Truly the most delicious, interesting hot sauces and hot honeys from a Charleston, SC company. Again, their packaging is just so perfect that it makes this a really special gift. Use CAROLINE25 for 25% off.
- Low Country Oysters: This is the coolest present ever. Schedule them to arrive when the recipient has company in town for a really special holiday evening in. Or, if you’re staying as a guest at someone else’s home during the holiday, schedule these to arrive the day you get there as a house gift!
- Drawer Knife Organizer: I am on a never-ending quest to make people stop buying giant knife blocks. Buy only the ones you actually need and store them in a drawer!
- Nonstick Skillets: I am a BIG believer in buying inexpensive, high-quality nonstick skillets, and replacing them as needed. I use mine constantly, and I replace them about every two years. I’ve owned the really expensive brands, and they need to be replaced just as often. Can you tell I love a practical gift? Tramontina and Anolon are two of my favorite brands.
- Japanese Butter Knife: this isn’t a regular butter knife, it’s a cool butter knife. No, seriously. A knife that helps you spread even ice-cold butter perfectly. An amazing gift for the toast lover in your life. If this seems random, that’s because it is, but sometimes random is the best gift.
- The Best Grits Ever: My friend Kara send us 10 pounds of Anson Mills grits as a baby present for Calum. I legitimately squealed with delight. These are the best grits that money can buy. An especially great gift for a Southerner who is no longer living in the south and doesn’t have access to decent grits.
- Butcher Box: You can sign someone up for a subscription, or a one-time gift. There are so many fun gift options. I love a good practical present, and this is exactly that.
- Cookbooks! These are a few of my favorite tried and true cookbooks. I’ve owned them all for YEARS and have cooked from them endlessly.
- What To Cook When You Don’t Feel Like Cooking: a subscription to my newsletter! Every Sunday morning I send one new recipe that is a complete dinner, takes under an hour, and is simple and straightforward. You can print out a gift certificate HERE to wrap up, and they’ll receive an email informing them about their subscription gift on whichever day you set it to be delivered!
- MY Cookbook – Just Married: The perfect cookbook for anyone cooking for two (not just newlyweds). I know a lot of families with small kids who don’t eat a lot love cooking from Just Married, too!
- Jerusalem by Ottolenghi: a fantastic middle eastern cookbook for the adventurous cook who wants to explore new flavors.
- Dinner by Melissa Clarke: all dinner recipes, some classic, some adventurous. I love this cookbook!
- Home Cooking by Jean Georges: simple home cooking recipes by one of the world’s greatest chefs!
- Beautiful Apron: How pretty is this apron from a Black-owned business in Harlem!
FANCY-ISH GIFTS THAT EVERY WOMAN WILL LOVE
- LeahJessica Diamond Necklace: Every gal deserves a beautiful, simple diamond necklace. This one is timeless and beyond beautiful.
- The Coziest Cashmere Sweater: I got this sweater for last Christmas and have worn it approximately 365 times. It is the greatest.
- Microdermabrasian Wand: I am OBSESSED with this thing. Like getting a facial at home! clicking this link will apply a MEGA DISCOUNT, no code needed!
- Anne Ewen Framed Prints: One of my fave artists sells beautifully framed prints of her paintings at a really affordable price point.
- Lake Pajamas: The comfiest pajamas in the entire world. These are expensive but we spend half of our lives in bed… I am a big advocate of splurging on jams
- Haldi Gift Card: I am obsessed with this skin care company. You take a quiz and they create a custom skin care routine using tons of different brands to make it perfect for your individual skin type. My skin has never looked better!
- Coyuchi Waffle Robe: I do not like fluffy robes or towels. I like waffle-y things. And this is the greatest waffle robe ever. I have it in grey because I cook in my robe like a savage, and a white robe with pasta sauce stains is not cute.
- DryBar Blowdryer Brush: This puppy helps me go from scraggly haired mom beast to decent looking human being in about 5 minutes flat. I love it.
GIFTS UNDER $100 THAT EVERY WOMAN WILL LOVE
- Athleta Uptempo Tank: The greatest workout tank ever.
- Athleta Salutation Leggings: And the greatest leggings ever. They suck ya in, and have POCKETS. I used to be a Lulu Align devotee, but these changed everything.
- My Favorite Chef’s Knife: My favorite knife ever. I own several, which makes absolutely no sense since I can only use one at a time. It’s just that great.
- STUDS: I have like 10 pairs of huggies (the tiny hoops) from STUDS and I rotate them constantly. I LOVE THEM and I can sleep in them since there’s no post sticking me! Use code CARO20, for 20% off until December 31, 2021
- Earpods: Honestly these are an amazing gift for ANYONE. I hugely prefer these to Apple AirPods (they’re much more comfortable!). Even if the person already has a pair of AirPods — these can be their backup!
- The Greatest Face Sunscreen: The most important part of a skincare routine!
- Makeup Erasers: My cousin introduced me to these and my life has changed for the better. They wipe all makeup away gently and quickly!
- Sand Free Beach/Park Blanket: True story — I saw a family using this at the river this summer and chased them down so that I could ask where it was from. It’s amazing for the beach, park, anywhere!
OR BABIES AND TODDLERS
- Denim Name Jacket: Personalized gifts are the BEST! I’ve had custom denim jackets for both kids and they’re so freaking cute. My sister got one from this shop for Calum’s birthday. I really like the Varsity and Ryan fonts.
- Personalized Onesie: I’ve sent this to a lot of babies, right when they get home from the hospital. It’s so exciting to see your new baby’s name printed on a special outfit!
- Personalized Chef’s Jacket: Mattis got a chef’s jacket last Christmas and he LOVES IT. Feels so special in it. Adorable.
- Kid’s Cooking Stool: And this is the stool we use so that he can cook with me!
- Initial Sweatshirt: A really freaking cute and cozy personalized sweatshirt. Use code CAROLINE15 for 15% off. Be sure to order by 12/3 to guarantee it arrives on time.
- Dinosaur Bath Bombs: Mattis goes absolutely bonkers for these.
- Green Toys Trucks: Trucks made from recycled material! Calum and Mattis love zooming these around the house.
- Kid’s Cooking Knife: Mattis loves cooking with me so much! This is a safe “knife” to get them started in the kitchen.
- Lovevery Baby Block Set: Calum got this block set for his birthday and both he and Mattis are obsessed with it!
STOCKING STUFFERS / GIFTS UNDER $25 THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE
- Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies: If you follow me on IG you know how much I FREAKING LOVE THESE. They help regulate your digestive system and… make ya poop. If giving someone the gift of regular poops is wrong, I don’t want to be right. This link will get you $5 off.
- The Prettiest Lip Gloss: Truly the prettiest lip gloss of all time. Looks good on everyone!
- Masks from Old Navy: For the practical gift recipient. We all need new masks at this point.
- Wet Brush: The best hairbrush ever! Glides through wet hair without pulling hair — I use it on myself and Mattis!
- Extra Long Iphone Charger: These 6 foot long chargers are THE BEST. I always travel with them because you never know where the outlet’s going to be, but these always reach across the room!
- Travel Toiletry Bottles: For the traveller in your life! Such a great little gift, you always need these when you’re packing and it’s too late to run to the store!
- Fish Spatula: My most used kitchen utensil. Not just for fish! A really thin, flexible spatula that is perfect for everything from pancakes to salmon.
- Microplane: another kitchen tool that I use constantly! Zesting lemons, grating fine wisps of parm over pasta, etc!