These Whole30 approved eggs are so freaking delicious and easy for any morning that you want to kick off with lots of protein and vegetables! I made the base last night and this morning just had to poach the eggs in the sauce. This recipe is from my Complete 7-Day, Whole30 Meal Plan.
Saucy Sausage Baked Eggs
- 12-inch skillet
- 1/2 lb ground pork sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 2 handfuls of Fresh Spinach
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 4 eggs
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Cook 1/2 pound ground sausage in a 12 inch skillet over high heat, breaking it up into as small of crumbles as possible. When there’s only a little bit of pink left, add 1 sliced bell pepper and 1 chopped zucchini and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- If anything starts to burn, turn down the heat!
- Turn the heat down to medium and add 2 big handfuls of spinach and continue cooking until wilted. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in 2 cups tomato sauce until warmed through, a couple of minutes.
- Now make 4 divots in the sauce and crack 4 eggs into the divots. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until eggs are cooked to your liking. I like my yolks runny!
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped soft herbs like basil.