So for those of you who have been around for a while, you KNOW I love me some Whole30. I love resetting my system and eating clean. I also love mac and cheese, and margaritas – so balance is the key!
BUT In case you didn’t know, I have a great 7-day, Whole30 meal plan which gives you 21 full recipes + the grocery list to make your Whole30 reset as easy as possible. This little gem right here is the lunch recipe on day 1! It has so much flavor! It’s so easy! So MAKE sure to check out the 7-day plan for ALL 21 easy healthy meals!
My take on the traditional sausage and peppers dish is delicious, fresh and yes, the basil makes ALL the difference.
15 Minute Sausage and Peppers with Basil
- Large skillet
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 2-4 sliced chicken sausages
- 1/4 cup of basil
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4-3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 large thinly sliced red onion, 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper and 1 thinly sliced yellow pepper. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until charred and tender. Season with salt and pepper. Scooch peppers and onions the side and add a bit more oil to the empty part of the skillet.
- Add 2 to 4 (depending how many you want) 1/4-inch sliced chicken sausages (I used “bubbies chicken soup” sausages and OMG they’re AHH-MAZING) and saute until browned. Stir in 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil, a splash of red wine vinegar, and a big pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Divide between two plates and chow down!