I’m not hardcore meal prep fanatic, but I do like to have a few things on hand during the week so that I can pull together healthy meals easily. If there’s nothing healthy on hand when I’m hungry, it’s so much harder to stick to a healthy diet versus just grabbing the first snack available (chips and salsa!!!).
The Thai Turkey crumbles that make up the bulk of this salad are such a great, super simple recipe to keep on hand for several salads during the week. You could even throw it in a tortilla with some avocado, cabbage, and peanut sauce and call it a taco!
Thai Turkey Salad
Thai Turkey Crumbles
- 1 tbsp neutral cooking oil such as coconut or avocado
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small cucumber, halved and sliced into half moons
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted cashews
- Optional: red onion, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, brown rice
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut or almond butter
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2- inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or more if you like heat!)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tbsp warm water
- To make the Thai Turkey meat: Warm coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, shallot, ginger, and garlic and cook until turkey is almost cooked through, breaking up the turkey into small crumbles. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, and lime juice and cook until the turkey absorbs all of the liquid. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the Thai Peanut Dressing: Blend together all ingredients until smooth.
- To assemble the salad: Toss together the cabbage and romaine lettuce and divide between 4 bowls. Divide the turkey meat, carrots, cucumber, avocado, coconut, basil and cashews between the 4 bowls. Drizzle with peanut dressing and enjoy immediately!