Y’all – this cobbler is AMAZING! Yes, my southern family would call this a Dump Cake, for obvious reasons, but regardless, this recipe is foolproof! The best part of this dessert? It takes 5 minutes-MAX- to assemble, and it’s totally customizable. You can use any frozen fruit or cake mix. I used 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Frozen Mixed Berries, 1 bag of Frozen Blueberries, and Trader Joe’s Vanilla Bean Cake Mix. This would also be fantastic with their Lemon Pound Cake Mix.
5-Ingredient Berry Cobble (aka Dump Cake)
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen berries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 16 to 18 ounce box, vanilla cake mix
- 12 tablespoons butter cubed
- Stir 2 pounds of berries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 tablespoons cornstarch together in a 12-inch cast iron skillet or 9X13 baking dish, or anything ovenproof with similar dimensions.
- Pour 1 (16 to 18 ounce) box of cake mix evenly over top. Scatter 12 tablespoons of butter, cut into cubes, over the top.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes to an hour, until the cake turns light brown, but still very soft looking. No worries if there are a few dry spots, they’ll dissolve right in when you scoop it out.
- Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream and/or whipped cream!