Super healthy + easy summer lunch or dinner idea! Tropical mango shrimp (or chicken!) salad using all #traderjoes ingredients but easily adjusted to use ingredients from any grocery store!
Tropical Mango Shrimp Salad
- 1 bag TJ's organic "ready, set, salad!" or 4 cups finely chopped kale (hate kale? Use Mixed greens. Don't massage them)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 scallions thinly sliced (the whole thing!)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced mango or pineapple
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup TJs cilantro dressing or any Green Goddess / creamy herby dressing
- 12 peeled deveined shrimp ~20 count
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or blackening seasoning
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil such as avocado
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese or feta or aged cheddar
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Pour the bag of salad mix into a bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Massage about 10 times, until it starts to feel softer. Add all remaining salad ingredients up until the dressing and toss to coat. Add more dressing and salt if desired. Place in fridge to marinate while we cook the shrimp.
- Pat the peeled deveined shrimp dry and sprinkle all over with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. Warm neutral cooking oil in nonstick skillet over high heat. Cook shrimp for 1 minute, flip, then cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Divide the salad between two bowls. Top with shrimp, goat cheese, and pepitas.
- ENJOYYYYYY!!! 🦐🥗🌴🏖