A delicious peach cobbler recipe that uses boxed cake mix as a hack to get dessert on the table faster. I love taking shortcuts like this for dessert, especially when I’m cooking a more laborious meal and don’t have time to spend a lot of time on dessert! You can make this using any white or yellow or lemon box cake mix, and you can swap in 2 pounds of frozen peaches or any berries!
- 8 peaches sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup white sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice up 8 peaches. You can remove the skin if you want, but I don't worry about this!
- Toss 8 sliced peaches, the juice of 1 lemon, 1/3 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a 10 or 12 inch skillet (or any baking dish with similar sizing).
- Make the box cake mix per package instructions (the TJs ingredients are listed above).
- Pour it over the peaches. Sprinkle a bit of white sugar and cinnamon over top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until cooked through on top and still slightly gooey in the center.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!