Are you lamb-curious? Here’s a one-pan FULL meal to make it SO easy for you. Pesto roasted lamb with roasted cauliflower mash and asparagus. so fahn-cy, but so easy. The perfect meal to make for Easter-procrastinators (like me…)
P.S. if you are NOT lamb curious, just swap in bone-in chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs.
Pesto Roasted Lamb
- Chef knife
- Large Rimmed Sheet-pan
- 1 or 2 racks of lamb 1 rack = 8 ribs
- 1 container pesto
- 1 12 to 16 ounce bag of cauliflower rice
- Neutral cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 to 16 ounces asparagus 1 1/2 inches trimmed off the bottom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional: 2 to 3 tablespoons milk heavy cream, or sour cream
- Place the lamb on a half-rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Coat it with about 2 tablespoons of pesto, turn it fat side up, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, but up to 48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- On the same baking sheet you’re using for the lamb, make a little aluminum foil or parchment paper boat on half of the baking sheet. Add 1 bag of cauliflower rice, 1 tablespoon oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven. Stir cauliflower rice. Flip lamb over. Add 1 pound asparagus and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a couple of grinds of pepper.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes. Check the lamb temperature starting at the 8 minute mark — it should be 145°F internally for medium. I like my asparagus crisp, so I find that it’s perfect after 10 minutes. If you want yours more tender, keep roasting it.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and optionally, a drizzle of milk or heavy cream to the cauliflower. Mash with a fork until it’s the consistency of chunky mashed potatoes. Or: throw it in the blender with a splash of milk to make a cauliflower puree! Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Carve the lamb by slicing between the rib bones. Serve the lamb over the cauliflower mash, drizzled with pesto. Serve the asparagus on the side.