My Four-ingredient Fall Chicken Sheet-Pan Grain Bowls has four simple ingredients, one baking sheet, and a delightful spicy sheet-pan meal. I love the spicy kick that the zhoug sauce adds to this already hearty chicken bowl. Mix that in with the smooth sweetness of the butternut zig zags and your body will be thanking you for the well-rounded, delightful meal.
Four-Ingredient Trader Joe’s Fall Chicken Sheet-Pan Grain Bowls
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Chef’s knife
- Meat thermometer
- 1 container zhoug sauce this is SPICY – use the vegan kale pesto if you do not like heat
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 package butternut zig zags
- 1 package frozen multigrain blend with vegetables
- Marinate the chicken in 1/4 cup zhoug sauce, 2 tablespoons of oil and, 1/2 teaspoon of salt for at least 1 hour but up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the butternut zig zags with 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt. Spread evenly and roast for 12 minutes.
- Scooch the squash over and add the multigrain blend and chicken to the sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken breast is 160°F internally. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Serve with extra zhoug sauce.
- No Trader Joe’s?
- pesto instead of zhoug.
- cubed butternut squash instead of zig zags.
- cook 1 1/2 cups of brown rice or farro (separately in a pot) instead of the multigrain blend. stir in 1 cup of frozen peas at the end.