Sometimes quick and easy recipes that rely on really delicious prepared ingredients are all that I can manage on a busy night. This recipe takes advantage of jarred marinara sauce and frozen meatballs to have a delightful dinner on the table with very minimal effort. This one has become beloved by my Instagram followers!
Cheesy Baked Spaghetti (Squash) and Meatballs
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Baking sheet (if you don’t have a microwave)
- Chef’s knife
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 24 ounces jar of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s mini party meatballs or any frozen meatballs
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut 1 spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds and throw it in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 12 minutes OR place it cut side down on a baking sheet and roast on 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Scoop the cooked spaghetti squash strands into a 10-inch ovenproof skillet or baking dish. Add 1 (24 ounce) jar of marinara sauce, 1/4 cup of grated parmesan, and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then smooth the top. Add the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan, the frozen meatballs, and 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil or a lid with cooking spray so that the cheese doesn’t stick to it. Cover and cook for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- DIG IN!