Who needs a ridiculously tasty 30-minute meal? Oh, everyone? Ok, here you go! Another Trader Joe’s Tuesday special! This Pork and Pineapple enchilada recipe is easy and delicious. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, you can totally swap in things from other stores!
5-ingredient Pork and Pineapple Enchiladas
- Ovenproof 10 to 12 inch skillet
- 1 pound ground pork or any ground meat!
- 1 Jar Trader Joe’s Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Trader Joe’s Onion and Chive Cream Cheese
- 4 to 6 8- inch tortillas any kind work! If you use corn, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave until pliable
- 4 to 6 ounce shredded cheese I used Trader Joe’s Organic 3 Cheese Blend but pretty much anything works
- pickled red onions
- green onions
- Warm an ovenproof 10 to 12 inch skillet over high heat. If using pork or beef, you do not need to add any oil first. Cook the meat, chopping into tiny crumbles, until it is almost cooked through. Add 1/4 cup Pineapple Salsa, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Keep stirring until the excess liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in 4 ounces Onion and Chive Cream Cheese (half of the container).
- Assemble the Enchiladas by adding about 3 tablespoons of meat down the center, sprinkling 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese over top., then rolling tightly.
- When the skillet is empty (it’s ok to leave it dirty), spread about 1/4 cup of pineapple salsa, in a thin layer, over the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the rolled tortillas to the skillet. Cover with the remaining salsa. Sprinkle 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded cheese over top. Cover with foil (grease it up with cooking spray so the cheese doesn’t stick).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melty and the enchiladas are hot. Optionally, you can broil to brown the cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro, pickled red onions, avocado, green onions, etc!