Stir-fries are my go-to quick and easy meal. You just throw together some veggies, maybe some meat, either rice or noodles, and most importantly.. an insane sauce. I always have a full roster of Lee Kum Kee sauces, such as their Panda Brand Oyster Sauce, in my pantry, ready for action as a marinade, dip, or to help create a stir fry sauce. Oyster sauce adds an unexpected salty, sweet, bold flavor to this noodle dish that you just can’t get from anything else. Mix it up with a few other pantry staples, stir it in with some noodles and steak and you have an absolutely delicious, veggie, and protein-packed meal in under 20 minutes.
Feel free to add more vegetables! Swap in thinly sliced chicken! Or shrimp! Use absolutely any skinny long noodle. Do your thing, make it work using what you already have in your pantry… but don’t skip the oyster sauce!
20-Minute Saucy Beef and Broccoli Noodles
- Small mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- 1 6 to 8 ounce package chow mein noodles, egg noodles, or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch optional – but it helps thicken the sauce really nicely
- 3 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sambal oelek or Lee Kum Kee sriracha chili sauce
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 cups broccoli broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1/2 pound skirt steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced basil plus more for garnish
- Cook the pack of noodles until al dente according to package instructions. Drain in a colander and set aside. It is very important to cook the noodles only until al dente (aka they should not be fully soft) because they will continue to cook in the sauce later.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of chicken stock and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Stir in the 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 to 3 teaspoons of sambal or sriracha, and 3 cloves of grated garlic and a 1-inch piece of ginger.
- Warm a large skillet over high heat. Add the 3 cups of broccoli and 3 tablespoons of water to the skillet and cover for 3 to 4 minutes, until the broccoli has turned bright green and is starting to become tender. Scooch the broccoli to the side and add some oil to the empty side of the skillet. Warm it for about 20 seconds, then spread the 1/2 pound of thinly sliced steak out into as even a layer as possible. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until no longer pink.
- Stir in the noodles, sauce, and basil. Toss to combine.
- Serve, garnished with more basil.
- This recipe is sponsored by a brand I love and adore, Lee Kum Kee. Thank YOU for supporting the brands that support ME!