If you’re new to the jargarita: the first rule of jargaritas is that there are no rules. Use WHATEVER jam is in the fridge, any booze, and any type of citrus! HAPPY FRIDAY!
Blackberry Basil Jargarita
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- 12 to 16 ounce jar
- Wooden spoon or cocktail muddler
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1/4 cup blanco tequila
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp blackberry jam
- 1 tbsp St Germaine liqueur
- Basil: mint, thyme.
- Blanco tequila: any kind of tequila, vodka, gin, rum, etc!
- Lemon and lime juice: you can use all lime juice, all lemon juice, the juice of 1/2 grapefruit or 1/2 orange in place of both the lemon and lime.
- Blackberry jam: strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry jam all go really nicely with basil!
- St Germaine liqueur: I LOVE St Germaine! It’s an elderflower liqueur and makes cocktails really special – a bit floral! You can omit it completely, or swap in 1 tablespoon of an orange liqueur such as triple sec or Cointreau!
- Place 1 sprig of basil (or mint!) in the bottom of a 12 to 16 ounce jar. Muddle by crushing it with the bottom of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in 1/4 cup blanco tequila, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon blackberry jam, and 1 tablespoon St. Germaine liqueur.
- Add 1/4 cup ice and shake to thoroughly combine and dissolve the jam. Fill the jar the rest of the way full, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top. Fill the jar the rest of the way with soda water and ENJOY!