During those hectic nights at home where all you want is a cozy meal and some downtime, recipes like this are heaven sent. A really simple prep, followed by 40 minutes in the oven. The juiciness of the roasted chicken pairs delightfully with the sweetness of the pears and pecans. Top it off with some crumbled goat cheese and you’ve got yourself one hell of a bite!
Roasted Chicken and Pears
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Chef’s knife
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 pears Bosc roast best, cut into 6 pieces each
- 2 large shallots cut into wedges
- 1 garlic bulb cut in half so that the cloves exposed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil avocado, grapeseed, etc
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 6 large dates cut in half, pits removed
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place 4 bone-in chicken thighs, 3 sliced pears, 2 sliced shallots, and 1 halved garlic bulb onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and toss to coat evenly. Really get in there with your hands to evenly distribute the spices!
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup pecans and 6 halved and pitted dates to the baking sheet and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- Crumble 2 ounces of goat cheese over the baking sheet to let it warm up while the chicken rests and things cool down for 5 minutes. Serve on its own or over quinoa or farro.