Yes, the name is a mouthful, but this is Trader Joe’s Tuesday at its finest! Cook some chicken breast using my perfect method, and everything else is just assembly. Make sure not to skip the truffle cheese bites – they are the best croutons of all time!
Crunchy Truffle Lemon Pepper Chicken Caesar Salad
- 10 inch skillet
- mixing bowl
- Meat thermometer
- Cutting board
- 1 large chicken breast
- Trader Joe’s lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon of a neutral oil
- 1 bag 5 oz baby kale
- 1 container Trader Joe’s Caesar Dressing
- 1 bag Truffle Baked Cheese Bites
- Season the chicken generously with salt and lemon pepper. Heat a skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the pan. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes until golden-brown and it releases easily from the pan. Flip and cook until the second side is equally seared. Turn the heat to low and cover the pan (use a baking sheet if you don’t have a lid) for 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is 165f internally. Place the chicken on a cutting board to rest while you assemble the salad.
- place 5 ounces of baby kale in a large bowl and season with a big pinch of salt and lemon pepper. Toss in 2 tablespoons of caesar dressing at a time until dressed how you like it. Be sure to taste and season with more dressing, salt and pepper as needed. Slice the chicken and shingle it over the salad. Crunch up the bag of baked cheese bites and scatter them over top. Finish with another crank of lemon pepper and enjoy!