Melon with prosciutto is a classic dish. The sweetness from the melon and the saltiness from the prosciutto is just the perfect bite. Add parmesan, some really good olive oil, honey, and salt? All of those flavors just get boosted even more. Absolutely delightful. The perfect no-cook sweet and savory summer dish.
Serving ideas: with herby grilled chicken, as a brunch dish with pancakes or French toast or bagels, as a starter to a simple pesto pasta.
Prosciutto Melon Parm
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 1/2 honeydew or you can just use 1 whole melon
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 2 ounces parmesan
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Flaky salt
- Tiny bit of fresh pepper
- Cut the stem ends off of the cantaloupe, then lay the cantaloupe so it's standing up on one of those flat surfaces. Use a very sharp knife to shave away the peel. Cut it in half, through the flat ends. Scoop out the seeds and cut into 1-inch wedges.
- Repeat with the honeydew.
- Place half of the cantaloupe and honeydew wedges on a platter. Reserve the other half of the melon for later. Or, use it all and just double the entire recipe for a big crowd!
- Rip the 3 ounces of prosciutto up into small pieces and scatter over top.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave a handful of 2 ounces of parmesan ribbons over top.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, honey, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Season with flaky salt and pepper.
- Cut the remaining 1/2 lemon into wedges and use for garnish.